At Maka-Play we respect your privacy and are committed to protecting your personal data, to do so, we abide by the Data Protection Act 2018 and follow data protection principles.
We may make changes to this notice from time to time by updating this page, it is your (browser/customer) responsibility to check and monitor this page periodically, to understand it, and ensure you are happy.
At Maka-Play we promise to never sell your personal information to any third parties.
If you have any questions concerning your personal information or any queries in regards to how we process it, please contact us via email, firstname.lastname@example.org.
When do we collect your personal information?
- When visiting and/or browsing our site.
- When registering for an online account.
- When placing an online order.
- When you contact us via email, post, or telephone.
- When engaging with us on social media.
- When clicking, opening, and/or viewing an email or link contained within an email from Maka-Play.
- When you enter any competition on the website or social media.
- When you review any product.
What personal information do we collect?
Depending on the type of contact we have with you (whether you are registering with us, placing an order, or just browsing) we may collect the following information:
- Your name.
- Your contact information including email address and/or phone number.
- Home/billing address.
- Details of any purchases you have made online, including payment type.
- Any details passed to us when contacting us through email/post/telephone.
- Information obtained from social media profiles registered to us.
- Identification of your past and current visits by finding and using cookies residing on your machine.
- Demographic information such as postcode, preferences, and interests.
- Other information relevant to customer surveys and/or offers.
- Details of competitions entered, or promotions participated in.
- Details of visits to our website including pages browsed, your IP address, access device, and which site you came from to ours.
How and why we use the personal information we collect
The main reason for the use of your personal information is to be able to process any orders or purchases that you make with Maka-Play via the website and to help us understand your needs to provide you with the best possible customer experience whilst shopping with Maka-Play.
We may share your personal information with our trusted business partners to process transactions in the course of fulfilling your order and to further improve your customer experience.
Please note that you have the right to decide how we use your personal information, which you can find below, under “Your rights and choices about your personal information”.
Please remember that if you choose not to share your personal information with us, we may not be able to provide the services to you or complete your orders.
For our legitimate interest in managing the business, for example:
- To administer any of our competitions or prize draws that you have entered.
- Unless you have opted out or not signed up for, to send promotional emails about our products or services, completions, or offers.
- To improve our website. We may collect information about the way you use the website to help us optimize your customer experience.
- To protect our business and you from fraud or any other illegal activities. We may pass this information on to law enforcement agencies.
Cookies are small data files, sent by a web server to a web browser, which enables the server to collect information from the browser. Cookies may be placed onto your computer, in order to help us improve this site for you.
Cookies are not used to identify you personally; they are used to help make an improvement to make this site better for you. They do this by:
- Ensuring the website is working correctly.
- Measuring how you use the website to ensure it meets your needs.
- Remembering how you like things displayed.
- To help ensure the security and authenticity of registered users.
- Keeping track of products in your shopping basket.
- Keeping track of products, you search for.
You can manage and/or delete cookies as and when you wish. Likewise, you can stop any site from using them. Most browsers allow you to turn off the cookie function, if you wanted to know how to do this, please look at the help menu on your browser. Although, as described above, turning cookies off and not providing the necessary information to us, will restrict some of our services available to you.
How do we protect your personal information?
At Maka-Play, we take the security of your personal information very seriously and engage the following practices to ensure we keep your personal data secure:
- All of our transactions are PCI Level 1 compliant. For further information on PCI please take a look at www.pcisecuritystandards.org.
- Your access to all technology areas of our website are secured via “https” technology.
- Access to your personal information is password protected and sensitive information is secured via SSL encryption and TSL 1.2 protocol.
- We regularly monitor our systems for attacks or vulnerability.
Your rights and choices about your personal information
Under the Data Protection Act 2018, you have the right to find what information and how is stored about you by organisations. These rights include:
- Being informed about how your data is being used.
- Access personal data.
- Have incorrect data updated.
- Stop or restrict data being processed.
- Data portability (allowing you to get and reuse your data for different services).
- Object to how your data is processed in certain circumstances.
- You can request to close your accounts and delete all personal information we have about you. Please note, if we have an ongoing contractual relationship or are required to retain information to comply with our legal obligations, we may not be able to do this.
- You can opt-out of receiving promotional emails.
Please remember that if you choose not to share your personal information with us, you might not receive some of the services that are available to you.
Please note that other third parties have their own privacy policies, which may be different from ours, therefore it is important you read and understand those policies when you visit their site. We do not accept any responsibility or liability for their operation. Please check these policies before submitting any personal information to those websites.
How long we keep your information?
We will only retain and process your personal information for as long as we have a legitimate reason to retain and process it.
When you place an order with us online, we will keep the personal information you give for six years. At the end of the retention period, all personal information will be deleted or anonymized.
If you have any questions about how we use or store your personal data and protect your privacy, please contact us:
By email: email@example.com
By telephoning us on 01326 753650